Coaching provides a positive connection — a supportive relationship — between the coach and the person who wants to make a change. That connection empowers the person being coached to recognize and draw on his or her own innate ability and resource to make lasting changes for better health and well-being.
Depending on your health needs, you may benefit from working one-on-one with Judy to help build new skills to meet your personal health goals. After you complete your health assessment, we will review the results and if your responses indicate that you’re ready to make a health-related lifestyle change, we will work together to develop your health improvement plan.
Judy can work with you in person, over the telephone, or via electronic communication (SKYPE or Facetime), depending on your preference.
WHAT IS COACHING?
what is counseling?
Coaching facilitates behavior change via a structured, supportive partnership between you and your coach. Ways to determine this need:
- Poor sleep
- Addictive patterns (food, smoking, maintaining sobriety
- Weight loss
- Changing dietary habits
- Unable to make a change at work
- Getting off medications
What makes coaching effective in helping people change behavior?
- Provides written commitments from you to fulfill the action plan
- Set both long and short term goals
- Set action plans and monitor progress in attaining goals
- Develop strategies to utilize your strengths most effectively and maximize your potential to achieve desired outcomes
- Tracks your progress and holds you accountable to these commitments
- Is provided in a structured, supportive environment
YOU NEED A HEALTH COACH IF YOU:
- Need motivation, discipline, or accountability to meet your goals
- Need a personalized plan that meets and evolves with your unique needs
- Are overwhelmed by all the conflicting fitness, health and nutrition information
- Want the privacy and confidentiality provided to you by your coach
individual vs group coaching
- Individual Health Coaching provides a one-on-one forum to work on your Health Improvement Plan. You can meet with your Health Coach in person, over the phone, and arrange visits to suit your schedule.
- Group Health Coaching involves meeting with 2-4 others who are also working on making health-related lifestyle changes. You pull a group together, and we arrange for a conference call.
Group coaching may be right for you if you if you are seeking:
- Convenience – Participate in a location close to where you work
- Support– Social support is a critical component for long-term success
- Synergy – An environment where healthy habits are encouraged creates an energy that assists in making good choices.
- Less Expensive-Like the idea of coaching, and have financial restrictions
Counseling is sometimes helpful when we feel stuck in emotional patterns that do not allow us to move forward. Ways to determine this need:
- Reoccurring dreams
- Repeating uncomfortable patterns in relationships or in your job
- Overwhelming negative feelings
- Feel like there are things you are afraid to say to another person.
What makes counseling an effective tool in realizing your dreams?
- Judy has been utilizing Cognitive Behavioral techniques as a psychiatric nurse for 25 years. CBT helps us to move forward by looking at our thought processes and creating new ways of thinking.
- When change is desired, or needed you will be exploring new territory. Fear may be one of the barriers that keeps you from moving forward. Emotional intelligence is often delayed around issues that trigger us
What is included in a health coaching service?
An initial health evaluation and individualized report from your personal health assessment.
An individualized health improvement plan based on the assessment and your specific goals.
Practice in learning and using transformational processes such as moving meditation, sitting meditation, journaling, Guided Imagery. All can be taught for you to use as needed at home.
~ In person or phone conferencing. Session timing is decided at time of consult. (weekly, biweekly is recommended to meet your goals in a timely manner). All sessions must be paid in advance of the scheduled appointment. Cancellation must be made no less than 24 hours to get a refund (minus $10 for accounting fees.)
Introductory Coaching/Counseling Phone Consultation: Free 30 MINUTES
Individual session: $125/initial intake
2 sessions: $100 per session Paid in advance
4 sessions: $90 per session Paid in advance
In home or facility speaking engagements/seminars from 30 minutes to a full day are $100 an hour/$450 day plus travel time and expenses. Call to design your next event for your colleagues regarding:
Improving self care
gentle touch and movement at the bedside
Relaxation Techniques for use at the bedside
Improving therapeutic Presence